Make sure that the cashier printer is powered on
- Please check that the 3-pin power cord is connected to a working power socket.
- Please check that the 3-pin power cord is properly connected to the power adapter. You might want to reconnect and tighten the connection between the 3-pin power cord and the power adapter.
- Please check that the power adapter is plugged properly to the printer.
- Please check that the power switch at the printer is turned on.
- Please check that the "Power" light indicator on the printer is turned green.
Make sure that the cashier printer is connected to network
- Check that the network cable is plugged properly at the back of the printer.
- When the network cable is plugged in, you should see blinking green and amber colour light at the corner of the network cable socket.
Make sure that the cashier printer has paper
The "Paper" light indicator will blink if there are no papers in the printer. In this case, please replace with a new paper roll.
Make sure that the error light on the cashier printer is off
The error light will blink if there are paper jammed in the printer. Open the paper tray, check the area around the printer cutter, ensure that any paper jammed is cleared. You may then turn off and on the printer to restart it.
Make sure that the IP address for the cashier printer is set properly.
To check the printer IP address, refer to this article "How to check Printer IP Address"
Once you know the printer's IP address, ensure that the POS cashier printer IP is set to the correct IP Address:
Make sure that the POS is connected to Aptsys network
For the cashier printer to print receipt, the POS is required to join to Aptsys Wi-Fi. If the POS is connected to a different Wi-Fi network, the receipt sent will not be able to reach the printer.
Check the "Receipt Printer On/Off" setting
If you have turned on "Rec. Printer On/Off" setting on POS, please make sure that the the toggle on the Payment Page is set to "Printer: On". Tap on the text "Printer:On/Off" to toggle the setting.